V0.90 (as per 2023-03-07)
The Platform makes use of clever and useful techniques to increase the ease of use and ensure the Website has a wide appeal. The best-known examples of these techniques are cookies and scripts (“Cookies”). Cookies are small text files that mostly consist of letters and numbers, and those Cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device (“Device”) when you visit a web site, allowing the device in question to be identified. Cookies may, for example, be used by website owners or third parties such as advertisers who communicate through the website you visit.
It is important for VaultN that you know what kind of cookies we use and what they are used for, because we want to safeguard your privacy as well as the user-friendliness of the Website as much as possible. Below you will read what kind of cookies we use and what these Cookies are used for.
- Necessary / Essential Cookies: Cookies that ensure the website works properly
- to remember information, you fill in on various pages during the login process so you do not have to re-enter your details;
- to pass on information from one page to the next, e.g. when you are completing a web form that consists of several pages;
- to store preferences such as language, location, the number of search results you wish to see, etc.
- to store settings for an optimal display, such as the buffer size and resolution of your monitor;
- to read your browser settings to ensure the optimal display of our website on your monitor;
- to detect abuse of our website and services, e.g., by registering the number of subsequent failed login attempts;
- to balance the Website load to ensure our Website remains available;
- to offer the option to store login details so you will not have to re-enter the same information over and over again;
- to allow you the option to respond on our website.
Below is a list of the necessary cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
|The “auth” cookie||3rd Parties
|to allow for the tracking user behavioral and interest tracking||2 hours / can be adjusted in the app settings|
|The “MKAPI” cookie||3rd Parties
|to allow for the tracking user (e.g., guid, email, ID)||2 hours|
|Azure ARRAffinitySameSite||3rd Parties
|to help direct requests to the correct server instance||1 hour|
|Azure ARRAffinity||3rd Parties
|to help direct requests to the correct server instance||1 hour|
Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Website.
We are not using any functionality cookies at the moment. This part will be updated accordingly if we do decide to utilize functionality cookies in the future.
- Tracking and Performance Cookies: Cookies that allow us to track the use of our Website
- The data we collect is turned into statistics, allowing us insight into the frequency our webpage is visited, where visitors spend the most time, etc. This allows us to make the structure, navigation, and contents of the website as user-friendly for you as possible. We do not trace back the statistics and other reports to individuals.
- to track the number of visitors to Website;
- to track the time each visitor spends on our Website;
- to determine the order in which a visitor visits the pages on our Website;
- to assess which parts of our Website should be changed;
- to optimize our Website.
- Below is a list of the analytical cookies we use to collect statistics, the data they collect and how long they last.
|google analytics _gid||3rd Parties (Google Analytics)||to store and count pageviews||90 days|
|google analytics _ga||3rd Parties (Google Analytics)||to store and count pageviews||90 days|
- As for cookies placed by third parties we refer to the cookie policies on the websites of these parties: see the links below. You should be aware that these policies may change from time to time. VaultN cannot control this.
- Cookies for behavior-dependent content delivery of a webpage
- Our goal is to provide the most relevant information possible to our website visitors. That is why we try to tailor our site to each visitor. We not only do so using the contents of our website but also through the ads are shown.
- To allow us to make these changes, we try to get a picture of your probable interests based on the websites you visit on the Internet without building a personal profile. Based on these interests we tailor the contents and advertisements on our website to various groups of customers.
- Third parties that place cookies through our website can also try to assess your interests this way. Information about your current website visit can, in that case, be combined with information about earlier visits to other websites.
- If these cookies are not used, this does not mean you will no longer see any ads on our site. In that case, the ads will no longer target your interests.
- These cookies are used:
- to register your visit to the Website and assess your interests.
- to verify whether you clicked on an advertisement.
- to pass on information about your surfing behavior to other websites.
- to use the services of third parties to show advertisements to you.
- to tailor advertisements to you on the basis of your visit to the Website.
- Below is a list of the advertisement cookies we use
|_gac||Google Ads||To store and track audience reach||90 days|
- Other/unforeseen cookies
- Because of the way the Internet and websites function, we may not always be aware of cookies placed by third parties through our website. This will especially be the case if our web pages contain so-called embedded elements; these are texts, documents or video clips hosted by another party and shown on, in or through our website.
- Please let us know if you come across cookies on this website that fall in this category and we therefore did not mention above. Or contact the third party directly to ask what cookies they use, the reason, how long the cookie lasts and how they safeguard your privacy.
- Browser settings
- If you do not wish any cookies to be placed on your computer, you can change your browser settings so you will receive a warning before a cookie is placed on your computer. You can also change the settings so that your browser rejects all cookies or third-party cookies only. You can also remove cookies already placed. Please be aware that these settings have to be changed in each browser and computer you use.
- If you do not wish to receive any cookies we can no longer guarantee that our website works correctly. Some of the functions of the website may be disabled or you may even not be able to see some websites at all. Rejecting cookies or enabling the ‘do not track’ feature does not mean you will no longer see ads either, only that the advertisements will no longer match your interests and will be repeated more often.
- The way settings can be changed is different in each browser. If necessary, please consult the help function of your browser or click on one of the following icons to go to the manual of your browser directly. You can visit youronlinechoices.eu, if you wish to disable cookies of specific parties only.
- FINAL REMARKS
- This Policy is primarily available in English. Any Translations to other languages may be provided for the sake of convenience, but the English original shall always be leading with respect to the interpretation of this Policy and any terms or agreements governed by it.
- If you still have questions and/or wish to make a comment, please contact us at [email protected]